Intelligent Transport Systems in Theory and Practice
Interactive Workshop "Digital (R)evolution of ITS"
New Options for Transport through Digitalization and Big Data
July 6th, 2017
08:30 - 15:30
Technical University of Munich, Vorhoelzer Forum (Arcisstrasse 21, main building, 5th floor)
Lately, emerging technologies created around ubiquitous digital devices and IoT - based connected systems have triggered revolutionary changes in the field of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS). Mobility as a service, on - demand mobility, autonomous vehicles and big data analytics are among the most popular trends. However, methodologies and regulations in many domains of urban planning and transport operation have not kept pace with the proliferation of big data and digitalization.
The aim of the workshop is to bring together experts and individuals interested in applications of big data in transport to share their knowledge and views. In particular, the participants will:
- Exchange latest findings, state - of - the - practice and recent trends in dealing with big data and digitalization within the domain of ITS.
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities created by digital developments.
- Explore potential mutual interests for further cooperation.
- Setting the scene (plenary session):
- Representatives from science, industry and public authorities present methodologies and scientific concepts, industrial solutions and practical experience.
- The winners of the student contest present their ideas.
- Topic definition for focus groups.
- Discussion in focus groups (breakout sessions):
- Interactive discussion on key topics in groups chaired by experts.
- The way forward (plenary session):
- Findings of the workshop will be summarized and delivered to participants.
- Potential follow - up actions will be identified.
Speakers: Representatives from industry, science, authorities and the winners of the student contest
Participants: Participation is open to mobil.TUM conference attendees (limited capacity: first come, first serve)